Dirt City Zine is a collective voice of talented individuals and creative scenes who breathe energy into the Daytona Beach, FL and Phoenix, AZ metro areas. The purpose is to serve as a community resource by welcoming new forms of artful expression, with hopes of our articles feeding and inspiring each reader's own creative aura. If you want to keep up with the skateboard world... link up below at sk8dirtcityzine.blogspot.com.

3.17.2009

A New Chapter- Phoenix Dirt City Zine

There is something beautiful about watching my bank account whittle down with absolutely no income coming in. For some reason I am not worried. Maybe it is the sheer fact that I have never been ahead anyway... even when I had the full-time job with benefits. Or maybe it is faith, knowing that God always meets me where I am at.

Speaking of, Dirt City Zine has started a new chapter based out of Phoenix, AZ.

I am not quite sure what I will be inspired to cover yet, this has yet to be revealed; but nonetheless, I am excited to unveil the new location with fresh eyes... Dirt City fashion of course. What does this mean? This is not some yup yup Zine trying to fill space with the latest trend or gossip. The articles are informational but real in the fact that they accompany my everyday life... not some statistical data of a target market I should be trying to write for.

When you are at "the bottom" of the economic bracket, there is only one way to look-UP- maybe that is the somethin' beautiful about where we are at.

By the way, this article was inspired from my fiance Dug... he was trying to encourage me with an article he read this morning on CNN.com- as I decide where my new career direction will take me. It actually ended up depressing me more, because I don't feel like I am taking the ol' "do what you love" route with the interviews I have lined up, but on the other hand- it got me writing. Here is the link to the article: "Commentary: Make the Recession Work for You."

No comments:

Post a Comment