Dirt City Zine is a collective voice of talented individuals and creative scenes who breathe energy into the Daytona Beach, FL and Phoenix, AZ metro areas. The purpose is to serve as a community resource by welcoming new forms of artful expression, with hopes of our articles feeding and inspiring each reader's own creative aura. If you want to keep up with the skateboard world... link up below at sk8dirtcityzine.blogspot.com.

2.19.2008

A Little Nugget

“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”

One thing every good magazine has is an editorial section; a little nugget the editor wants whispered in your ear, as you flip through the pages. So, here goes mine.

I am always up for leaving my eyes and ears open throughout the day, just in case God has his own editorial note for me. God is always switching things up, reaching out to you, where you can be reached. At anyrate, this month anyway, it has been through sayings on posters. I have jotted down at least 8 good quotes from posters that just kept catching my eye. And today, as I started to write this editorial, I actually began writing something along the lines of the reward being in the journey… that is, until I saw “my” poster. It was hanging on a classroom wall, nothing fancy. It read, “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”

I thought this quote tied perfectly into one of the things Dirt City Zine is about; which is, finding the beauty in our community, however each of us may represent it. Furthermore, without being in tune with my surroundings today, I would have missed the poster, which gave me inspiration for this note. Thanks God.

Morgan McDole

1 comment: