Dirt City Zine is a collective voice of talented individuals and creative scenes who breathe energy into the Daytona Beach, FL and Phoenix, AZ metro areas. The purpose is to serve as a community resource by welcoming new forms of artful expression, with hopes of our articles feeding and inspiring each reader's own creative aura. If you want to keep up with the skateboard world... link up below at sk8dirtcityzine.blogspot.com.

1.30.2008

The Pitbull Run by Dug Ketterman (guest editorial)

This story cracked me up, I had to post it...so I hope Dug is okay with that....

So this is a crazy story that happened while I went cruising with Kyle Beachside last night....

We were just checking out the new paranormal neighborhood that we have rescently moved to on Beachside, Daytona Beach Florida. I say paranormal because of the famous haunted Lillian Place that our 100 yr-old home looks over, while nestled descretely above the burial remains of native american indians, and also happens to be right on the end of the Orange Ave. bridge; that has had reported sightings of a transluscent hitch hiker. Needless to say...kinda creepy...oh yeah, I forgot to mention the serial killer that is on the loose in Daytona...

Now I was cruising on my New-Jersy style low-rider beach cruiser while Kyle surfed his way through the dark side streets and alley's on the fence post with wheels, showing me my endless street spots and rad places to get killed! After skating some fairly interesting spots, we found ourselves on a sidewalk of a tiny, dark side street that would prove to be a bit squirrelly.

...I swear this dog was 96.3% wolf, and 3.7% hell. ?He was jerked back with his 4-ton chain just before it tore into Kyles head...but this is wear it gets good....

A couple of blocks later, Kyle gets a call from Claire, and is oblivious to the world around him, except for the asphault and concrete that was laid before him. I, on the other hand, had a a full view of what could have been a disaster....

All I hear is some kids yelling out a name...Killer, here killer.....then I look over and this Huge pitbull is running right next to me, then passes me up and heads for Kyle's heels...chomping and ready to "play". ...I just said as calmly as possible..."Kyle, just keep skating"...after about a block of the dog chase, it finally gave up and returned to its property it was trying to protect.

After Kyle hung up the phone, I said "holy shit man, that was close!!!"
He replied, "what was close?"

He had no idea the dog was back there! That was why he was so calm, and the dog backed down...what a session!

1 comment:

  1. Rumor has it the ghost of Liliane Place, Lucille, has been seen on occasion haunting the grounds of the old Alling house.

    ReplyDelete